Tuesday, August 11, 2015

When 1 SEN Received is worse than 10 BILLION Taken.......and of RM2.6Billion being compared to Cows!

POLITICS - Column: " from THE fringes "
Bandaraya Bersejarah-MELAKA & Beruas-PERAK, MALAYSIA
Tuesday, 11th August 2015 

When 1 Sen RECEIVED is Worse Than RM10 Billion TAKEN,
.......and of RM2.6B explained away,
 using an analogy of 2 cows received in a Wedding!


Over the weekend and a bit more, my travels took me to Tapah-Perak passing by the Tronoh Mines, skirting a few tombs of previous Perak Sultans as well as the final resting place of Puteri Limau Purut before spending the night at a chalet in Kg.Bakar Bata, Beruas-Perak. The following day I was invited to give a "History and Economics" presentation at a history programme organised jointly by local organisers and a history NGO in Kg.Banjar before heading down south to Melaka in the afternoon. After a heavy downpour I finally secured a room in Bandaraya Melaka, near the "iconic and ironic" A-Famosa fort and Dataran Pahlawan at around 1am after being turned away at a few(around 6-7 hotels) 2-3star hotels as the hotels were fully occupied.

( History and Economics presentation in Kg.Banjar, Beruas-PERAK,
at an event titled "HIKMAH Beruas,XV- Jejak Batu Bersurat )
*Picture credit to hikmahmelayu blog*


I was dead-tired and could have chosen to stay in Ayer Keroh but opted for a place near the "iconic and ironic" places as I wanted to be reminded that the then Melaka Empire had been "taken" not only by the Potugese and Dutch but that they got assistance from vested parties or traitors for short!
A fact that I had wanted to reflect upon apart from some other sentimental reasons.
Between KL to Beruas to Melaka city and then back to KL, there were respites at a few places such as Tapah, Kg.Gajah. Beruas and Tronoh in Perak, Dengkil in Selangor, Pedas Linggi, Seremban and Bandar Enstek in Negeri Sembilan as well as Ayer Keroh in Melaka. All in a distance of around 1000 KM were covered... 977km to be precise for this article.

It's been said that during the time of Noah, God had wanted to clear the earth of impurities including the devil. However, the devil got an 'official' invitation into Noah's Ark when one of the animal (I can't recall which....perhaps a Jackass Donkey or Brainless Monkey or even the Elephant in the room...ooops Ark ) refused to budge and an invitation to treat in the form of "Get in You 'Damned' Thing" or something along those lines were uttered. Relate that to the present political calamity and hopefully readers will know where I am coming from and headed to. If not, TOO BAD!

During my travels, I came across many UMNO grassroots members and a few serving and retired elected politicians many of whom were from the ruling Barisan Nasional. A conversation that will remain in my mind indefinitely goes something like this translated version:-
.......after some mundane chit-chat,
Me:
What are your thoughts on people or grassroots members saying there's a disconnect between your party's leaders and the grassroots? What's with the RM3,000 shoes worn or, RM30-40,000 watches on the wrist where pictures have been publicised? And now, this RM2.6B issue.

VIP:
Where got!?
(...after some pause, he proceeded to lift the bottom part of his trousers to show the black shoes he's wearing)
...even I only wear RM300 shoes, where got RM3,000!
The RM30-40,000 watches worn by Ministers are all lies perpetrated by vested parties ("puak-puak berkepentingan" in Malay). The watches are actually imitations worth RM700-900, even I have one. If you give me some time, I can show it to you.

Now, "Poor" Me:
(...with raised eye-brows and trying very hard to remain nonchalant about what I heard......actually, was too shocked to move!)
...How about this RM2.6 billion political donation?

VIP:
All political parties receives donations.
It's like this lah - when I wanted to get married there were people offering gifts to me...even 2 cows.
Don't question their motives, you just take lah....most probably they want to get 'pahala' (in Malay, means something like good deeds for one's records in the herefter).

Now, and "Even Poorer" Me:
Oooohhhhhhhh.....Emmmmm......(what else can I say?)
( My Thoughts - Wow! RM1.3Billion per cow and What with these people and cows? ) 
 


Actually, I've no stomach to continue writing this article as it insults my god-given intelligence.
Hence, will let it be for now...My Apologies! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

TQ for dropping by The ASEAN 500.
Your Goodself's comments is much appreciated.